Adult Dependent Relative Visa

You may wish for your parent(s), grandparent(s) or other elderly dependent relative who is overseas to come and live with you in the UK. The Application is not granted easily, as you will be required to evidence to the UKVI why support cannot be provided to your relative from abroad. However, we are able to guide, support and assist you in submitting an application and advise you of the relevant documents to gather in support of your application for your family member to be able to come to live with you in the UK.

There are specific rules that must be fulfilled before making an application under this category and the rules and requirements are very particular and stringent. Therefore, it is essential that any application, which is submitted is very well prepared.

The adult dependant must be outside the UK in order to apply for an elderly dependent visa and demonstrate that they are over the age of 18, require long-term personal care for everyday tasks as a result of an illness, disability or due to their age, the care they require is not available, affordable or easily accessible in the country where they are currently residing and the person they will be joining in the UK, i.e. brother, sister, son, daughter or grandchild, will be able to support, accommodate and care for them without recourse to public funds. The relative in the UK must be either a British citizen, have settled status, refugee status or humanitarian protection in the UK.